Tuesday 21 June 2011

Smokey Eyes & Nude Lips

So, if you follow my blog regularly, you've probably noticed a lot of Kim Kardashian posts and that's cuz this blog has a lot to do with fashion and makeup and Masha'Allah Kim K. has amazing style and her makeup always looks great. Of course, you can always mix and match and alternate articles of your outfit to make it hijab appropriate.

So, one of my favorite makeup looks is the smokey eyes and nude lips. I think it's great because it can be worn to a dressy or casual event and still look appropriate either way, it's very practical. Kim posted a link to her makeup artist, Troy Jensen's blog, where he showed us how to get the smokey eye/nude lip combo he does for Kim. From Troy's blog, here's how he got the look:
"I first prepared the skin with a moisturizer, concealer, & a liquid foundation. I set it with two shades of finishing powder for a warm natural look. I dusted a bronzer & a soft peach powder blush into the apples of the cheeks & across the forehead. I softly defined Kim’s brows with a light brown/blond eyebrow pencil and set with a brow gel. Softening the edges with a light brown shadow. I then blended a palette of gray eyeshadows across her entire eyelids, blending a touch of deep purple shadow into the crease and outer edges and a matte ivory shadow in the arch of the brow. I blended the same gray tones along the lower lash line. Then I lined the entire eye with a black eye pencil. For a dramatic touch I lined the upper eyes with a black liquid eyeliner and softened it with my eyeshadow brush. I finished by curling and coating her lashes with black mascara.
To finish this look and to get a true beige lip I first applied a touch of foundation over the entire lip and then powdered to set. Then lined the lips with a nude lip liner. Next I applied a creamy beige lipgloss over the entire lip and then applied a sheer pink shiny lip gloss just to the center of Kim’s lips.
This classic look is perfect for Fall. And like I always say “If you’re going dramatic with your eyes, Go pale on the lips.”
Also try combinations of chocolate brown eyes with a golden beige lip, a smokey plum with a beige mauve lip, charcoal black smokey eye with a pale pink lip, and a smokey navy eye with a pale peach beige lip."
This is the makeup Troy used, (click on the image for a better view):
Don't forget to check out Troy Jensen's amazing blog for more makeup tips and tutorials! You can go to his blog HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...